Public Health Update:
Covid-19 has shaken all of our daily norms and forced us to look at what we do and how we do it with our own and others health in the forefront. The transition to this mindset has not been easy, but is essential to the new realities of the world.
Dogsledding at North Ridge Ranch is a fresh air experience that is enjoyed in small group numbers, where social distancing can be done. We think it is a best case scenario for getting families and small groups of friends outside, active and enjoying the beauty that Muskoka has to offer, while experiencing the exhilarating sport of dogsledding.
North Ridge Ranch is continuously reviewing numerous Health & Safety Guidelines across the tourism sector and communicating with our regional health unit to ensure we are in compliance or operating beyond necessary guidelines to keep our family and customers as safe as possible. As a result of our research and regional guidelines we are addressing this health crisis with the following protocols:
- We have reduced our tour capacity to accommodate 8 people or less. We may increase the number slightly to accommodate a larger family if necessary as long as the regulation numbers permit.
- We are no longer permitting a guest to ride in the guides sled as a passenger as social distance cannot be maintained. Unfortunately as a result we cannot accommodate odd numbered groups of adults as we do not permit solo sleds. Families with children that are an odd number may be permitted if we can double up children on the sled. Please inquire directly with us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- We have installed hand sanitizer in our outhouse toilet and encourage all guests to use it.
- We have closed our warming hut/change area and encourage guests to change in their vehicle if necessary.
- Social distancing is everyone’s personal responsibility and will be enforced during the lesson and at break time.
- We require keeping your gloves/mittens on at all times and refrain from personal contact eg. handshakes and hugs
- Guides, staff and customers are required to wear a properly fitted face mask at all times (those under the age of 2, have trouble breathing or are unable to remove the mask without assistance are exempt as per regulations)
- If radios are used on the tour they will be sanitized prior to use.
- Flow of guests coming and going will be monitored. Anyone that does not have a reservation will not be permitted on site.
- We no longer lend out additional winter clothing or blankets. Guests need to come prepared.
- We sanitize all high touch surfaces prior to guest arrival and after the tour goes out.
- We have added a large outdoor garbage can that can be used to dispose of garbage – specifically disposable masks and disinfectant wipes etc.
- We have an onsite, touchless thermometer that we may use. If customers have a temperature of 38 degree Celsius or higher they will not be permitted to participate.
- All guests are required to perform a self-assessment prior to arrival and sign a Declaration of Compliance – Covid-19 upon arrival as an added layer for personal accountability around reducing the spread of Covid-19 and compliance with regulations.
- Guides and staff will not be taking photos of guests with guest cameras/phones. If a guide/staff take a photo with their own camera it will be shared via email or text after the tour.
- We take the health and safety of our family and our guests very seriously. Those that are not acting in the best interest of their own and others health will have their tour cancelled with no refund.
- Please note that our protocols are dynamic and are subject to change at any time.
The winter of 2020/21 will be our first time operating with Covid-19 protocols, so please be patient with us. If you notice anything or have any feedback for us around what we are doing, please kindly let us know what we should consider to improve via phone 705-788-2828 or email email@example.com.
Thank you and please be kind and patient with each other.
Brad, Leah, Brea & the furry K9 Crew